Seriously ill children have, since the beginning of lockdown, experienced months of extreme isolation away from family and friends. This is likely to continue for the foreseeable future. With the prospect of spending the festive season on a hospital ward or shielding at home, the need to bring joy and smiles into their lives could never be more crucial.
This December, at a time when we can’t visit the children in person or host our annual Winter Party, we are determined to bring lots of festive cheer and smiles to seriously ill children, their siblings and families. Our Christmas initiatives include a virtual visits to Santa’s Grotto, increasing our virtual bedside visits from our entertainers, festive art workshops and seasonal prerecorded entertainment on Smile TV as well as Facebook Live sessions. In addition, we will be delivering:
- 1,000 Santa Sacks, each containing a toy, activity and treats to hospitalised children (aged up to 18) across our nine partner hospitals
- 250 Smile Hampers each containing a toy, activity and treats to those children in out patient care and shielding at home. Each hamper will be delivered by a member of the Spread a Smile team and, for those home deliveries, an entertainer, who will entertain children with a live doorstep performance.
- Smile Hampers and Santa Sacks for the siblings of seriously ill children to ensure that they feel supported and included.
Every initiative is aimed at spreading much needed smiles at what should be the most magical time of the year for every child. We very much hope you will want to play a part in making them a reality.
Photograph taken prior to lockdown
How you can help
- Contribute a gift/s for a Smile Hamper or Santa Sack by clicking on the button above 1) Select/purchase your gift/s and tick the correct delivery address Spread a Smile Gift Registry Address* 2) Tick This is a gift and in the Gift Message box please add your full name and company (if applicable). 3) Proceed to checkout.*
- Make a donation. The average cost of a Smile Hamper and Santa Sack including delivery is £50. If you would like to make a donation please do so by clicking on the donate button at the top of this page or by contacting us direct on email@example.com. If you choose to donate through the website please select the Smile Hamper button at the time of donation.
- If you are a company working in the toy/games industry and are able to offer multiple gifts in kind we would love to talk to you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in partnering with us and sponsoring any of our Christmas intiatives, please contact email@example.com to discuss your area of interest and how we might work together.
*Please note, due to the current situation our office is not open. If you would like to donate a gift not on the gift list please send to Spread a Smile, PO Box 76787, London NW3 9YY. We are only able to accept new & boxed items – nothing too large or heavy to assist us with delivery. If you would like to arrange a delivery, discuss a gift or have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org