This December, with the prospect of spending a second Christmas on a hospital ward or in outpatient care, the need to spread smiles could never be more crucial. We are determined to bring some festive cheer to seriously ill children, their siblings and families throughout December. Our Christmas initiatives include virtual visits to Santa’s Grotto, festive virtual entertainer visits with our fairies, musicians and magicians, art workshops and seasonal prerecorded entertainment on Smile TV plus Facebook Live sessions. In addition, we will be delivering:
- Gifts of toys, games, art & craft materials for to up to 2,000 children (aged up to 18) under the care of all our NHS partner hospitals
- Smile Hampers for up to 250 children in outpatient care. Each hamper is personalised with their name and contains a toy, a game and Christmas treats. Deliveries within London will be made by a member of the Spread a Smile team or entertainer and include a doorstep performance or, for outside of London, special delivery.
- Smile Hampers for the siblings of seriously ill children to ensure that they feel supported and included.
Every initiative is aimed at spreading much-needed smiles at what should be the most magical time of the year for every child. We very much hope you will want to play a part in making them a reality.
How you can help
- Contribute a gift/s This year, by request, we have created two wish lists – one at Amazon, one at John Lewis. Please click on the appropriate button above which will take you through to a list of toys/games. Select your gift and go through to payment. The delivery address for all gifts should be Spread a Smile, Uncommon Highbury, 25 Horsell Road, London N5 1XL For both lists please ensure you provide your name, company and email address as a reference/note – it is the only way we can recognise your support and keep you updated on the difference you have made.
- Make a donation. The average cost of a Smile Hamper including delivery is £50. If you would like to make a donation please do so by clicking on the donate button at the top of this page or by contacting us direct on email@example.com. If you choose to donate through the website please select the Smile Hamper button at the time of donation.
- If you are a company working in the toy/games industry and are able to offer multiple gifts in kind we would love to talk to you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- This year to deliver our ambitious Christmas programme, we hope to partner with individuals and companies. Sponsorship packages will be available from £500 and can be adapted and individualised to meet your wishes. To discuss the opportunities in more detail please contact email@example.com
*Please note our Camden office is currently only open two days a week. All Christmas operations have been moved to a separate address capable of accepting deliveries 24/7. If you would like to donate a gift not on the gift list please send to Spread a Smile, Uncommon Highbury, 25 Horsell Road, London N5 1XL. If you would like to deliver your gift in person please contact us prior to your arrival on 020 7482 5191. We are only able to accept new & boxed items – nothing too large or heavy to assist us with delivery. If you would like to arrange a delivery, discuss a gift or have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org