We Are Hiring
We are looking for new entertainers to join our team to make a difference to seriously ill children and teenagers in London hospitals. If you're a talented magician, face-painter, singer, children's entertainer or fairy or know anyone who is then we would love to hear from you. You can read more about our entertainers here or fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Part of our USP at Spread a Smile is to closely manage all hospital visits and ensure we always have a variety of appropriate entertainers suitable for every child we see at every hospital visit. With the growing number of hospital visits and increased number of entertainers per visit, it has become crucial to have an experienced administrator who understands the workings of Spread a Smile visits, knows the entertainers well and recognizes the needs of patients. The primary purpose of this role is to schedule in entertainer visits in advance and then confirm closer to the time, ensuring there is always a good mix and the right number of entertainers on every visit.
- Plan and manage the rota for all entertainers across five hospitals.
- Match entertainer skills, experience and suitability to hospital and patient requirements.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with all entertainers.
- Respond to all telephone calls, queries and e-mails from entertainers as required.
- Establish new online roster system for booking in visits.
- Confirm hospital visit dates 3 months in advance and establish how many entertainers are needed for each visit. Share dates with office team and in online diaries.
- Invite entertainers to attend hospital visits 1 month ahead of visit and await their confirmation. Chase all those who do not respond. Find alternative entertainers for all those who are unable to attend.
- Confirm each entertainer 1 week before a visit.
- Make last minute changes to visits if an entertainer is unable to attend.
- Organise entertainers for ad hoc visits as and when required.
- Regular liaison with entertainers, responding to queries.
- Regular liaison with events team to organise entertainers for out of hospital events and parties.
- Regular liaison with Events Liaison to get to know new entertainers who have joined the team.
This role is 15 hours per week split across 2 or 3 days in the office on a Mon, Tues or Thurs including additional hours out of the office, responding to emails and messages as required to get the job done.