We Are Hiring
We are looking for new entertainers to join our team to make a difference to seriously ill children and teenagers in London hospitals. If you're a talented magician, face-painter, singer, children's entertainer or fairy or know anyone who is then we would love to hear from you. You can read more about our entertainers here or fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
We are looking for an experienced database professional to join Spread a Smile in a two day a week job share (ideally on a Weds and Thurs), jointly overseeing the day to day management of the database, e-tapestry.
To be responsible for the administration, quality, accuracy and integrity of the database, and to provide effective and efficient support and regular performance reporting for fundraising and marketing activities. You will ensure there is organisation-wide take up of the database and it is used to support day to day activity and tasks.
The role also involves recording numbers of beneficiaries seen during hospital visits and family events, uploading data to our in-house system.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, significant knowledge of using charity databases and experience of working within a charity.
- Ensuring all staff are using the database in an appropriate way for their job role by implementing organisation-wide procedures to enable accurate recording and analysis of data.
- Ensuring all team members are properly trained in how to use the database
- Ensuring the database is always up-to-date and implementing a routine to regularly cleanse data
- Entering / editing records, in line with GDPR requirements
- Supporting Fundraising team with data for events, challenges and marketing and updating database accordingly
- Preparing lists for fundraising events / e-shots etc. as required
- Supporting family and fundraising events
- Creating donation, sign-up and other forms for website
- Ensuring consent and opt-in information is always up-to-date for beneficiaries (GDPR compliance)
- Working with Finance Manager on Sage and JustGiving interface
- Calling queries and reports as required
- To be up to date with, understand and advise on data protection regulations including Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR
Uploading hospital data
- Co-responsibility for recording numbers of beneficiaries supported by the charity on the bespoke system
- Ensuring data from all hospital visits and has been uploaded. Liaising with hospital team to ensure this is done in a timely fashion.
- Run data reports for senior management team as required
- Checking quality and accuracy of data uploaded by hospital managers
- Updating spreadsheet with new information including hospitals, wards & entertainers when needed
- Training the team on how to use the spreadsheet accurately
- Ensuring the quality, accuracy and integrity of the data at all times
- Attending meetings and family and fundraising events which may fall outside of working hours
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proficient knowledge of e-tapestry or demonstrable ability to use e-tapestry including entering/editing records, querying, making notes, exporting mailing data, producing reports etc.
- Must have worked in a charity
- Good working knowledge of IT systems including Word, Outlook and especially Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (inc. sound knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling).
- The ability to organise workload and priorities quickly and efficiently, and forward plan to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
The role will be based at Spread a Smile HQ, in Camden, London.
To apply please send your CV to [email protected]