We Are Hiring
We are looking for new entertainers to join our team to make a difference to seriously ill children and teenagers in London hospitals. If you're a talented magician, face-painter, singer, children's entertainer or fairy or know anyone who is then we would love to hear from you. You can read more about our entertainers here or fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Family Events Manager
We are looking for an Event Manager to join our Family Events team in a newly created part-time role, working closely with our existing team. Spread a Smile’s family events are part of the charity’s important work, giving families with a seriously ill child the opportunity to have a day out together and make positive memories. In 2019 we took over 1,000 children, teenagers and family members to Spread a Smile events. In 2020 we plan to deliver even more family events including some exciting new ones. Events include theatre trips, outings, concerts, a winter and summer party, bespoke events, teenage party etc.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience. This could include working in events, with young people or for a charity. They must be creative and have good organisation, communication and interpersonal skills. You will be working directly with young people and their family members. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- Working closely with and as part of the existing Spread a Smile family events team
- Liaising with families to book them on to Spread a Smile events
- Building relationships and liaising with existing partners and venues to organise events and book tickets
- Developing relationships with new partners and organisations to bring new events and suppliers on board and seeking out opportunities and liaising with companies to get tickets for free or at discounted prices to take families on trips.
- Organising family events from original concept through to the event itself. Each event varies in size. Organising all the logistics for each event including invitations, family liaison, food, entertainment, transport, goody bags
- Working closely with existing events management team to organise and plan bigger calendar events including annual winter party (c. 350 people) and annual summer party as well as other larger events
- Liaising and working with Spread a Smile hospital team to find a regular stream of new familiesto attend our events
- Developing relationships with Spread a Smile entertainers and co-ordinating with them ahead of events
- Attending family events which may take place outside of normal working hours including weekends.
- On the day management of events
- Developing new ideas for future events
- Managing event budgets
- Support Spread a Smile fundraising including attending three to four events per year which may take place outside of working hours, including weekends.
The role is based at Spread a Smile HQ in London, working 3 or 4 days per week.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]