We know that everyone in a family is deeply affected by the illness of a child or sibling. We organise outings, events and activities that aim to support young patients, their parents, carers and siblings and bring moments of respite, joyful experiences and enduring memories at the most challenging of times.
- Theatre Trips* including pre-theatre parties complete with our team of entertainers, refreshments and, where possible, post performance meet & greets with the cast. Past trips have included: Mary Poppins, The Lion King, Matilda the Musical, Aladdin & Six the Musical
- Concert Trips* with VIP seating/private boxes at top concerts. Past trips have included Wicked Little Mix, X Factor Live & Olly Murs
- Annual Events* such as our Winter Party attended by more than 350 children and their families
- Smile Parties* to help young patients enjoy their birthday with friends, peers, and family
- Calendar Events* activities around key dates including Christmas, Chanakah, Eid, Easter and Diwali but also Valentine’s, Halloween, National Book Day, National Smile Day, Wellness Week, etc
- Activity Days* during school holidays
- Special Events* including end of treatment parties, cake baking sessions, balloon modelling tutorials, art classes, etc
- After School Club (virtual only) with activities twice a week for children shielding at home between treatments
- Treats Drops including art & craft packs, ice creams, jellies, sweets, books, magazines and popcorn on a regular basis.
- Spread a Smile Choir *
*during the pandemic these services are either suspended (trips and annual events) or being delivered virtually via video conferencing