Donating a portion of your salary is one of the most efficient, tax-effective ways to support a charity. Choose Spread a Smile and you can help us spread smiles every payday. Setting up Payroll Giving is quick and simple. Each payday, your employer will take your chosen donation from your gross salary. The donation is taken after National Insurance is deducted, but before tax. This means that your donation will cost up to 45% less through the tax break, dependent on your tax bracket. Find out more on the HMRC website. Please note that Payroll Giving is only available for salaried PAYE employees.
Benefits to you
- Spreading smiles – help us spread smiles to children when they need it most
- Tax effective – the only way to give that allows full tax relief on donations
- Easy – quick, convenient and ideal for busy people
- Secure – set up your donation without sharing your bank details and choose how you want to be contacted
- Communication – we’ll keep you updated on the positive difference your commitment is making with monthly and annual reports plus information on other events and activities.
Benefits for employers
- Recognition – get noticed through the Payroll Giving Quality Mark scheme and National Payroll Giving Excellence Awards
- Low effort, big reward – virtually no set up and running costs and minimal administrative requirements
- Employee engagement – engage your employees by enabling them to support the causes they care about through their pay.
Ask your employer if they already have a Payroll Giving scheme in place. If not, suggest that they register with a company like Charities Aid Foundation and encourage them to find out more on the Charities Aid Foundation website.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
email@example.com, 020 7482 5191